Pages

Saturday, September 21, 2013

Saturday is a Special Day!

Its the day we get ready for Sunday. 

In our family we try to attend church every Sunday. It doesn't always happen unfortunately, but we try. 

Saturday's usually consist of sleeping in, eating breakfast together then starting the day. I try really hard to clean the house better than I have during the week. Bathrooms get cleaned. The furniture gets dusted. Vacuuming and sweeping happens. Laundry is almost always done. The kids help to clean their rooms and wherever I need them too. Because we live in a small apartment we can usually get the whole place cleaned in under 2 hours. 

Next we maybe will run some errands, figure out what to make for dinner for Sunday(something easy,so I am not in the kitchen all night). We have some fun in there whether it be a new park or our own playground. Daddy usually goes to work around 4, so after that we just stay in doors and hang out. All the kids will get baths and we will just relax the rest of the night. 

We are members of The Church Of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and as such we believe in keeping the Sabbath day Holy which is why we do all those things on Saturday. Sunday's are meant to be sacred and for rest. When my house is clean and organized I am a much calmer and happier mommy. I will have less to stress about and it makes our time together much more enjoyable. 

I am thankful for the teachings I have had my whole life. My mother was a really great example of how to treat the Sabbath day; with love and dedication. We spend this day learning of Christ and his teachings and how to be better human beings. 

After all it is a commandment. "thou shalt keep the Sabbath day holy"

I am truly grateful for my membership in the church and the love I feel from my Savior. I am not a perfect person and not even close but I know that Heavenly Father loves me and is rooting for me to be amazing. The least I can do is obey his commandments and "keep the Sabbath day Holy" I just hope I am setting a good example for my children like my mom did for me. 

If you want to learn more about the LDS church, go here

No comments:

Post a Comment