My name is Holly. I am a stay-at-home mom with 4 little ones. All my life I knew I wanted to be a mother but once I started working and realized I enjoyed working I figured I would do that instead. I was working my way up to management and felt like life was good. When I was 26 I felt empty and lost. A friend invited me to move to Alaska to work for the summer so I gave up my job and went! It was the best decision I ever made. While up there I met my wonderful husband. Only then did I feel full and alive. I learned what was missing and it was the thing I knew all my life. I was meant to be a wife and a mother. SO it began!
My wonderful husband and I had been married only a few short months when we decided it would be okay if we got pregnant. We had our first child (Jackson) 1 year and 10 days after we got married.
Life was grand. We had it all. We were living in Alaska enjoying the military life. Little did we know that plans were going to change. My husbands time was up in the Army and we didn't know where we wanted to go. We decided to move to South Carolina to be near his family. It turned out to not be as grand as we expected so to Utah we came and have been here for 4 years. In May 2010, we got another surprise! Pregnant with baby #2. I would love to say this was a pleasant surprise but I would be lying. At the time my husband was working in Alaska for the summer and we were strapped for cash so another baby didn't seem like a smart idea. OH WELL! It all worked out and we were blessed with our second bundle of joy (Madison) 2 years and 9 days after our first child. See a pattern?
Easter 2012
We were set. Our family was complete. Or so we thought. Inspiration came to us while we were watching LDS General Conference and we knew we had another child out there. So.....we got to it and 3 weeks later we were pregnant. At 9 weeks we went to the Doctor for my first appointment. Already this pregnancy was different than my first two so I thought maybe something was weird. I was hoping they had some answers like "you are anemic", "you have high blood pressure", you know the things we worry about while were pregnant. We were not expecting this.
9 weeks gestation.
After a lot of laughter (nervous), shock from my dear Richard and reassurance from my Doctor, we were actually excited. I mean we didn't really know anyone that had twins and it sure as heck doesn't run in our family. (not that that makes a difference) So we immediately text all our family and friends. How cool is this?!!!!
The next 9 months were crazy, excited, full of anxiety and nervousness. Were we going to be able to care for these babes?
Were we going to be able to care for 4 kids?
YES!!!!!!
On January 6, 2013 our sweet babies came on their own to this world.
Our angels Logan and Savannah
Is our world upside down? ABSOLUTELY NOT. Is our world crazy? DEFINITELY. But we love it and we can't imagine a world without these two babes in it.


No comments:
Post a Comment