After today I don't think so.
I was able to get the twins to sleep and had Daddy kept an eye on them before he had to leave for work so I could take the two older kids to our community playground. My two closest friends were out there with their kids. I was so excited, like a kid in a candy store excited. It showed too, because my mouth started pouring out words like diarrhea. I couldn't stop talking and it hit me....I missed my girl friends! And they missed me! I missed adult conversations. I missed sharing parenting stories and experiences. I missed laughing and crying. I missed the togetherness. I missed being a friend.
We were only out there for a little over an hour but it was the hour I needed.
We as adults need that relationship. Don't get me wrong, I love my children and they are my everything but in order for me to grow and be a better mother I need my friends. They are my sanity. They are my confidants. They are my shoulders and my comforters. They are my cheerleaders.
The rest of the night was bliss. The babies were adorable and giggled a lot! The older kids got along and we even did a small act of service. It was a wonderful evening, all because I was able to get some adult interaction and renew myself.
So for all you moms out there, do not ever make yourself feel guilty about having some "me" time. Enjoy each others company. Lean on one another. Grow from each other and it will strengthen your ability to serve your family better.
I am so grateful for my friends.
Agreed and Agreed!! Love you Holly!! Don't know what I'd do without my dear friends!
ReplyDelete