Pages

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Tis' The Season..

To be sick. My poor family has been on and off sick for the last few months. As a mother it is one of the hardest times (at least for me). With each person added to the family I started to notice that the sickness stuck around a little bit longer and now that our family is the size of volleyball team the sickness doesn't leave.

I don't know about you but I hate when my littles are sick. They are so pitiful and don't understand what is wrong. They want to cry, or cuddle or lay on the floor, or scream, or not sleep at all. The last is my least favorite. I am sure as mothers/fathers, you can relate. It amazes me how I can function for weeks at a time with only taking "naps". I had a friend just post of FB that we should start being honest with ourselves and say "mommy is going to nap, not to bed because we don't sleep more than an hour or two at a time". I had to laugh because she is so right. 

Some things I have learned since dealing with all the sickies in my family is patience. I can't expect my children to behave the way they normally do. I don't expect them to eat the way I want them too. I don't expect them to be happy all the time. 

What I do expect is lots of snot. Lots of crying. Lots of wanting to drink juice. Lots of cuddling. Lots of medicine. (I should buy stock in nasal spray, ibuprofen, antibiotics and Tylenol.) Lots of whining because they don't know what is wrong. Lots of dirty clothes due to potty accidents. Lots of messy diapers. Lots of pajama wearing, TV watching lazy days. You know what, I don't mind any of these things as long as I am making a difference in their comfort. 

It is hard work taking care of sick littles so from one mother to another, hang in there. I understand what you are going through and you're doing a wonderful job. 

No comments:

Post a Comment