I know this is a sticky situation and everyone has opinions on it so I will just state mine. This is scary. It makes me sick to my stomach to hear that the government shut down because they can't agree. What the heck? To me it seems selfish and childish. They are not just dealing with the people in Washington, they are dealing with millions/billions of peoples lives and well being.
I have read only a few articles and only know what I have read but when I get a yucky feeling in the pit of my stomach I know it's not right.
I have too many friends that are affected by this. Coming from the military and knowing how the military works, it frightens me to imagine what will happen to the workers on the bases. I have spoken to a few of my friends who were sent home today and won't be allowed back until this is over. Who knows how long that will be? NO one does.
I realize it is smart to save money for these instances but what if that isn't possible? What if this lasts longer than it did in 1996. If it goes on the same amount of time of 21 days and isn't resolved, how will these people live? How will they pay their bills? Yes, it says they will get retro-pay but correct me if I am wrong but retro-pay doesn't pay bills today.
It is definitely affecting my family too. See my husband is in school and being a veteran means we use the GI Bill. Well, that money hasn't come in yet and we don't even know if it will. That is a chunk of money that was going to help us survive while he is in school so he can focus on studies and not have to work as much. It is not fun having to sit and wait and hope.
I know the whole country is sitting and hoping. I hope the guys in D.C. can stop the bull and figure it out. I pray that they will be able to set aside their own issues and think of the greater good. I pray that their hearts will be soften and they will be able to lead this country the way it should be led. I hope and pray with everything I have that no one will go without because of this. I can't imagine all the people that will be struggling because of it. I hope this is over soon and America can get to where it needs to be. I love this country and what it stands for, I wish it was showing it in Washington.
No comments:
Post a Comment